Sports Funding Plan
The Government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016. The Government will allocate this extra funding directly to primary Headteachers.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Funding Allocation for 2015-16
Basis of allocation
Allocations for the academic year 2015-16 were calculated using the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6,and those aged 5 in Year R, as recorded on the January 2015 Census, as follows:
• Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils received £8,000 plus £5 per eligible pupil; and
• Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils received £500 per eligible pupil.
During the academic year 2015-16 we will be receiving a total allocation of £8,380.
January 2016 - to date we have received £4,912
How we used the allocation:
£2,125 Thurrock School Sports Partnership - their Service Level Agreement is as follows:
- To communicate with us regarding sporting events
- To provide 2 hours of High Quality PE lessons by a sports coach from Chelsea Football club working with pupils on a Wednesday
- To provide entry to the Borough Athletics Championships
- To organise a sporting calendar which provides pupils an opportunity to compete against other schools
- To provide medals, trophies and certificates at all events
- To continue to play a role in linking with the National Governing bodies of Sports, the Youth Sport Trust and the County Sports Partnership and feedback where necessary.
- To provide a football after school club one day per week
£2,175 Star Sports & Soccer Ltd
- To provide 2 hours of High Quality PE for pupils on a Tuesday afternoon
- To provide an after school multisports club for KS1 pupils on Thursdays
- To provide an after school multisports club for KS2 pupils on Tuesdays