- Who are they?
- Would you display this in your home?
- What medium is being used?
Our Art curriculum is designed to ensure that pupils know how to ‘be an artist’. We do this through enabling all pupils to develop:
- The skills required to be an artist in order to immerse themselves in and enjoy art
- A curiosity and respect for art that spans a range of genres, forms and cultures specifically
- Creativity! Enabling learners to access a range of artistic skills and techniques
- A critical eye: providing opportunities to create and evaluate artistically
- An understanding of art, which is steeped in history and tradition, how it has evolved over time and is central to many people’s lives in a wider community today
- Art specific vocabulary (through their emotional responses to art work)
To enhance our Art curriculum, we aim to use a range of real- life experiences such as extra-curricular clubs, visits from professionals and whole school art competitions to enrich the children’s enjoyment and experiences enabling them to flourish and shine in the subject.