- What was it like for children?
- Where is it on the timeline?
- How can you prove it? (primary and secondary sources)
Our History curriculum is designed to ensure that pupils know how to ‘be a historian’. We do this through
enabling all pupils:
- to develop the skills needed to be a historian and encourage enthusiasm for history by inspiring pupil’s curiosity
about the past.
- to gain an understanding of Britain’s past and the wider world.
- to have opportunities to enhance pupil’s understanding of the past through visits and visitors.
- to have opportunities for pupils to develop history skills, key knowledge and core concepts to be able to
understand and question sources and events of the past.
- to widen historic vocabulary and share good quality texts to enhance history topics.
History- know, do, understand