- Composer/musician- who are they?
- Mood- how does it make you feel?
- Instruments- what can you hear?
Our Music curriculum is designed to ensure that pupils know how to ‘be a musician’. We will do this through enabling all pupils to develop:
- a rapidly widening repertoire which they use to create original, imaginative, fluent and distinctive composing and performance work.
- a musical understanding underpinned by high levels of aural perception, internalisation and knowledge of music, including high or rapidly developing levels of technical expertise.
- a good awareness and appreciation of different musical traditions and genres.
- the ability to give precise written and verbal explanations, using musical terminology effectively, accurately and appropriately.
- a passion for and commitment to a diverse range of musical activities.
The school use Charanga to deliver its curriculum.
To enhance our music curriculum we use a range of real- life experiences such as Young Voices, Music Festivals and performances in and out of school.