Our RE curriculum is designed to ensure that pupils know how to ‘be a Theologian’. We do this through enabling all pupils to:
- know about and understand a range of religious and non-religious worldviews.
- learn to see beliefs through a theological, philosophical and human/social science lens.
- express ideas and insights about nature, significance and impact of religious and non-religious world views.
- to gain and deploy skills rooted in theology, philosophy, and human and social sciences engaging critically with religious and non-religious worldviews.
- to become ‘religiously literate’ meaning that pupils will have the ability to hold balanced and well-informed conversations about religions and worldviews.
- to develop their own beliefs and spirituality and be confident to share and discuss this.
The school uses Understanding Christianity and the Norfolk Agreed Syllabus.
RE Statement of Entitlement for Church Schools